One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum | Rose


Not another Rose…stop right there. Now, you just hold it there, missy, before you give this blog an eye roll over this post. No, this isn’t another review of another Rose oil.

Blandest adjectives be damned as I’m not talking about a body oil. Oh no, this time I’m actually reviewing something that is rarely seen on on my desk of huiles – a dry body oil spray.

I don’t seem to across enough of these multi-functional treatments. I simply adore body sprays because you can use them anywhere, anytime – hair, hands, legs, or wherever you want to mist on a delicate scent. For me, body sprays are just so perfect for when I’ve thrown on a dress and my Badgley Mischka ankle straps and realize I forgot to moisturize the gangly stems (yes, they are 34"...don't hate) with the clean gleam of an oil. A spray does the trick in a second without leaving me greasy-handed and well…annoyed. Rose enthusiasts will no doubt ‘love’ One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum ($39) created exclusively for Birchbox, though fans of purist scents like Lavender, Chamomile, and Neroli have these options available, too.

First off, the scent? The Rose is such of the hushed variety that you may just have to dig your nose deep into the superbly softened skin. And, this may be a good thing for those of you seeking a a barely there scent or one that won’t interfere with your fragrance layering. Let’s face it – sometimes you just want the oil to do its work without orchestrating the olfactive experience here.

Now the feel. The serum has a bit of a weightier feel than the usual dry oils I have seen, but nicely brings that covetable pearly sheen to legs that you’ve grown accustomed to seeing in your high-fashion glossies. Perhaps, it’s my NC42 skin tone, but I swear the light-diffusing effect on my legs just added a sex quotient to my strut. And, yes with a teensy hint of a pretty yet nubile Rose. A thing of loveliness, actually.

The weightier moisture is from Fractionated Coconut oil, which has Elderberry, Red Rooibus Tea and Calendula extracts blended into it. Organic Pumpkin Seed and Seabuckthorn oils round of the roster of oils to help liven up skin a bit. Pumpkin Seed is the hero ingredient for your legs and arms. In addition to Vitamins A, C, and K, Pumpkin’s natural extracts bring beta-carotene, zinc, salicylic acid, and retinol to help refresh dull-looking skin and soften away any fine lines.

The oil does sink in when massaged a bit, which helps the unfettered Rose flourish more than it would have with a spritz. The useful spray bottle makes it a keeper, especially for using after a shave.

Price: $$
Scent Classification: Floral
Viscosity: Slightly viscosity