Trillium Organics Sweet Orange Organic Body Oil

There’s a new hallmark of cool. While most body oils have moved towards synthetic-free, paraben-free, and even fragrance-free formulations, one brand has taken their line of body oils to a whole new level of organic luxury. Trillium Organics can laud the merits of earning the USDA stamp of approval (the strictest of organic approvals) by creating a body oil that is 97% pure & organic. The oil is good enough to eat, as to earn the use of the coveted logo, the manufacturing must forgo any chemical processing and be free from the usual offenders - sulfates, petrochemicals, plastics, phthalates, parabens, formaldehyde donors, heavy metals, silicone, mineral oil, & petroleum. Awarded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the seal is for use on products with contents that are 100% certified organic or 95% certified organic with the remaining 5% of ingredients posing no known risk to health or environment.

But, you don’t need to sacrifice your aromatherapeutic experience here. The Sweet Orange Organic Body Oil ($12.98) interlaces vitamin-rich Sunflower, Safflower, Olive & Jojoba oils to surround the well-placed Orange oil, which springs forth with an unbashed, giddy glee. Sunflower is the star for its ability to retain moisture in those thirsty skins. Delectably pure, the light-bodied oil maintains a slippery sense of ease, so well it could very well be a dry oil. If you’ve got a spare spritz bottle, it’s worth the effort to transfer, as the diffusive droplets of Orange will give you a skin-but-better feel. The scent is so striking because of its transparency. There’s a delicate sweetness here in full amplitude for those of you who’ve tired of the classic Rose or gotten bored with gourmand Vanilla. With its linear composition, the Orange oil doesn’t have a shred of citrus zing, but rather dewy riffs of ripe lusciousness with a verdant touch. Uncomplicated beauty for a break from the ornamental oils. And, with a thrift.

Orange you glad you can afford to try purity at this price?